Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Off Japanese Girl Songs Poll.... lol
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil B Girl
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Off Japanese Girl Songs Poll.... lol Reply with quote

Here's a little poll:

Do you find songs with a Japanese girl singing her heart out (usually like Be For You, Orion's, etc..), usually off-key.. do you find these songs
1. Annoying
2. Catchy
or
3. Don't care
JM3P
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Off Japanese Girl Songs Poll.... lol Reply with quote

Lil B Girl wrote:
Here's a little poll:

Do you find songs with a Japanese girl singing her heart out (usually like Be For You, Orion's, etc..), usually off-key.. do you find these songs
1. Annoying
2. Catchy
or
3. Don't care

I actually find it quite annoying. So, no.1 is my final answer. Is that you
in that picture Arlana?

Last edited by JM3P on Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
Lil B Girl
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you mean Number 1 is your answer..?

Plus, yeah that's me... but who is Arlana? E19.gif
The Nematoad
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly don't speak japanese, so i wouldn't understand what they were saying anyway, i know there's more to music than just lyrics but.....

...anyway i'd say i don't care......
JM3P
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil B Girl wrote:
Don't you mean Number 1 is your answer..?

Plus, yeah that's me... but who is Arlana? E19.gif

Yes, I mean no.1 would be my answer E15.gif . You're not Arlana? Sorry,
case of mistaken identity E15.gif
Paix
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Leaving crumbs much too small for the other Whos' mouses
5. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them.

My friends hate me for playing Dive and Miracle Moon so much XP
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
JM3P
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie 0_o wrote:
I like them.

My friends hate me for playing Dive and Miracle Moon so much XP

Well now that Pie's mentioned them, I'm now sorta neutral on this subject
as I like Dive and Miracle Moon as well thumb.gif
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese Pwnz0r j00 411!

Personally, I love any Japanese song in DDR and the great majority of my non-DDR WinAmp playlist is Japanese music.

The songs I don't like: those off-key English songs like Drop the Bomb and Stomp to My Beat
Yuck X-P

Last edited by tac-tics on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

I find Japanese songs

1)Weird at times (Weird sounding synths and stuff)

2)Most Japanese singers (Being both male and female) using more throat more than US singers. I notice that very much.

3)I find that Japanese songs are a bit less catchy to me as opposed to the Hamtaro Ending song (English) [Pretty sad huh]

4)American singers are veterans and have been in the game much longer than J-Pop
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Japanese songs. My Winamp playlists usually comprise of Japanese, instrumental (typically by a Japanese artist/sound team), and Bemani music.

Don't make me mad, I know karate!
(Not to mention a bunch of other Japanese words.)
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Vi0Let wrote:

1)Weird at times (Weird sounding synths and stuff)

#1 reason JPOP > American Music =-D

Vi0Let wrote:

2)Most Japanese singers (Being both male and female) using more throat more than US singers. I notice that very much.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. It probably has to do with language differences. I find the actual sound of Japanese much more fun/interesting/enjoyable to listen to than English .

Vi0Let wrote:

3)I find that Japanese songs are a bit less catchy to me as opposed to the Hamtaro Ending song (English) [Pretty sad huh]

I'm not a large fan of Hamtaro, but I dunno about being less catchy. Personally, I find most American music repetitive, and while that may make it a bit more catchy, it gets kinda annoying after a while.

Another thing that just REALLY bugs me about the vast majority of American music is rhyming (give or take my spelling). Why must ALL American songs rhyme? Sometimes, rhyming is enjoyable, but it often forces artists to force their lyrics together like two peices in a jigsaw puzzle that don't go next to each other.

Vi0Let wrote:

4)American singers are veterans and have been in the game much longer than J-Pop

True, but to say all American artists are veteran would be a lie. In fact, most American songs I do like are from the 80's, and I think many American artists of the day are less talented (or at least, have a worse taste in music) than earlier ones.

The theme of today's music is another aspect that really bugs me. Much of the American music I hear is either about how angry the artist is, how cool the artist *thinks* they are, or how much they have sex they have each night. Now, it's fine to sing songs like that, but Goddamn, aren't these people ever happy? These people need a healthy dose of Cute Culture.

Actually, I think we should be more specific when talking about "American music" since it covers a much broader spectrum than JPop. I don't mean to shift the topic but what kind of American music are you listening to?

Also, to try and make an *actual* contribution to the thread:

Poochy wrote:

I like Japanese songs. My Winamp playlists usually comprise of Japanese, instrumental (typically by a Japanese artist/sound team), and Bemani music.

~Rock On~ happy.gif

and....

To Lil B Girl:
What about KOSAKA Riyu? She does Dive, Candy, and Love Love Shine. Who could hate THOSE songs? They're so happy and energetic!

EDIT: Now hiring personal editor to proofread my posts =-/

Last edited by tac-tics on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ADHD Goten
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the songs, pretty much all of them except the annoying ones with the REALLY bad voices.. ie Orion.78.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find them catchy! but I can't stand Broken My Heart. Period.

overplayed song of the week: er.. no song.
Stepmania Scores updated 11/14 || Tournament Pictures! || lj
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me clears his throat

/me takes a big breath

You broke my heart~ Broken my heart~ ~ ~ ~

=-p

Last edited by tac-tics on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what song.

#2 for songs like: TEARS, Breakdown, Candy Vocal.

#1 for songs like: Orion and Orion and Orion... thats about all of the annoying ones.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
15. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Hmmmmm I find songs where no girl sings her heart out much more enjoyable
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ears scream bloody murder whenever they hear orion 78 (both mixes) I don't like that effervescent kind of music like love love shine, I just find it very wierd.

But stuff like kiss me all night long... wait, do you mean japenese girls singing in japenese? or japenese girls singing in english AND japenese? If its english too, then I say that japenese girls sing much better then their American counterparts. Mostly any of the vocals in naoki songs, hero, speed over beethoven, Irresistablement... the list goes on. I love those songs

Even though I cant stand some, I find most to be really good.

so I guess 1&2
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Little Firefly
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are great. My friend's obsessed with anime, so i hear a lot, and I mean A LOT of J-Pop. It isn't so bad once you get used to it E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

Even though Paula Terry isn't fully a japanese woman, she looks white she's lived in Japan for 6-9 years now. I absolutely love her voice.

love.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhhmmmmm??????????? never bothered me any................but then dive is one of my favorites riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: