Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

VerTex^2 Footage...in Nightmare Marathon
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damienkc
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump

Thanks for posting this here. I was going to, but I was too lazy.

To those who think it wouldn't be that hard...I laugh at you. First of all, having energy to do all 4 is one thing, but concentrating takes alot of energy too, so this course combines the two. I've gotten to Vertex^2 on intense once (legitly, as in i passed the first 3), and man, I just couldn't do vertex^2. I dont consider myself to have low energy either, but i was just worn out. Remember the life bar goes down faster than normal play as well.

I'm going to try to get a high quality, TRIPOD-posted video camera and get me passing it or something. The guy who filmed that didn't have the most steady hands.

edit : and a new page, i ALWAYS do that.
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played the simfile.

me in IRC wrote:

> I just noticed
> It's a blatant max. ripoff.
> with one or two influences from the first vertex
> Playing it on autoplay assist tick sounds just like max. most of the way through

Before anyone grabs their shotgun at the word ripoff, here is vertex^2's basic structure:

Section 1: Strange broken rhythm, steps pretty much following the bass drum all the way but musicall the bass drum follows a very strange broken pattern. Just like about 2/3 the way through Max.

Section 2: A BPM stop, then a slow section. Just like Max.

Section 3: Back to broken patterns and typical stamina stream. Just like Max (though it adds in 99999 mines so they can call call it "vertex".)

Section 4. Stupidly fast but relatively simple. Just like Max.

The freeze + step could also be compared to max.'s ending, but I won't as it's not that similar.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I don't see how vertex^2 is anything like max. musically the songs are worlds apart, and the steps go to the music, so I fail to see how the songs could possibly relate (with the exception of the bpm double, but even the steps there are completely different in design). I also don't know what if anything is simple about the song...weird syncopation and stepjumps at 370bpm is definitely not something I notice when I see max.
View users profile Send private message
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that camera guy sucked, and as for Vertex^2...
that lookes pretty badass, but the song's beat and rhythm basically makes it impossible to have good steps for it, and i think most of the beginning is just stupid, but for nightmare, how is that not considered a 14? i mean wtf? 3 12's, one of them being the hardest 12 pretty much, and a 13, with insane hard mods, i don't get it
View users profile Send private message
Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos like that make me kinda glad that I'm not in the upper eschelon of DDR/ITG players, simply because I would never want to be subjected to that torture.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't see how vertex^2 is anything like max. musically the songs are worlds apart, and the steps go to the music, so I fail to see how the songs could possibly relate (with the exception of the bpm double, but even the steps there are completely different in design). I also don't know what if anything is simple about the song...weird syncopation and stepjumps at 370bpm is definitely not something I notice when I see max.

I didn't say it's literally the same. The structures of each song are very similar. The main thing that I noticed with regards to this was the very Max.-like syncopated bass drum that goes through the first half of the song. They are not "musically worlds apart", they are both very fast techno songs, only one has the Max series' bassline, and the other has Vertex's sound effects.
The steps are similar in that they follow the broken bass drum patterns, as I've said. And for weird syncopation, the section of Max. that comes before the 600bpm section uses a very similar drum pattern. Stepjumps at 370bpm is typical itg.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Johancrowind
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamienKC wrote:
Sorry for the bump

Thanks for posting this here. I was going to, but I was too lazy.

To those who think it wouldn't be that hard...I laugh at you. First of all, having energy to do all 4 is one thing, but concentrating takes alot of energy too, so this course combines the two. I've gotten to Vertex^2 on intense once (legitly, as in i passed the first 3), and man, I just couldn't do vertex^2. I dont consider myself to have low energy either, but i was just worn out. Remember the life bar goes down faster than normal play as well.

I'm going to try to get a high quality, TRIPOD-posted video camera and get me passing it or something. The guy who filmed that didn't have the most steady hands.

edit : and a new page, i ALWAYS do that.

Awh poor skelator.

Damien is right though, I tried to do this by looking at the video (bar and pad infront of the video). Needless to say, I was dead after energizer. I dispise bloodrush and its consistant drum roll thrills, but the part after the slowdown is very technical. I enjoy that part. this is definatly one of the hardest things in dance game history (RAW doesnt count). pure hell/breaking point seems like a baby to this monster.

As for Vertex squared.. wow, I have to see an original version before I can say anything else.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: