Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Collection of Off-Sync songs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falling/Fading/LostItAll
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Collection of Off-Sync songs? Reply with quote

The only ones I know are D2R, Burning Heat, and Hyper Eurobeat. Any others?

Last edited by Falling/Fading/LostItAll on Fri May 20, 2005 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Vangulus The Great
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Mineko Rock, Ska a go go, Pink Rose and Healing Vision(Angelic Mix). E19.gif
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... this is my view of songs that are "offbeat"...

I have been playing drums since i was 12 (i'm 18 this May 23rd), been in vocal choir since i was 14, bell choir since i was 15, sung in plays since Freshman year and have been playing DDR since December 2003. As you can see, music, beat and rhythem have been a major part of my life.

Now, whenever my brother plays ddr with me, he always complains that some ddr songs are offbeat. I'm sorry to everyone that disagrees with me, but i don't believe any song is offbeat at all. I notice how every note goes perfectly with each song (Yes, that includes Pink Rose). You may, like i said before, not agree with me, but try to listen to the song and the beats REALLY closely, and soon it will become evident that these beats do, in fact, go with the song. It takes time, but once you understand it, then you'll actually (believe it or not) pass songs better.

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Servb0tKing
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:

I have been playing drums since i was 12 (i'm 18 this May 23rd), been in vocal choir since i was 14, bell choir since i was 15, sung in plays since Freshman year and have been playing DDR since December 2003. As you can see, music, beat and rhythem have been a major part of my life.

Now, whenever my brother plays ddr with me, he always complains that some ddr songs are offbeat. I'm sorry to everyone that disagrees with me, but i don't believe any song is offbeat at all. I notice how every note goes perfectly with each song (Yes, that includes Pink Rose). You may, like i said before, not agree with me, but try to listen to the song and the beats REALLY closely, and soon it will become evident that these beats do, in fact, go with the song. It takes time, but once you understand it, then you'll actually (believe it or not) pass songs better.

well ive only been in choir about 6 months... but any way i totally agree no songs are really off-beat...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trance De Janeiro wrote:
ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:

well ive only been in choir about 6 months... but any way i totally agree no songs are really off-beat...

Proving my point thusly... Thank ya E13.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Vangulus The Great
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:

So that's why I've been getting better. And people say I'm crazy for burning cds primarily on DDR music. Well I showed them!!! E9.gif
Falling/Fading/LostItAll
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:

Now, whenever my brother plays ddr with me, he always complains that some ddr songs are offbeat. I'm sorry to everyone that disagrees with me, but i don't believe any song is offbeat at all. I notice how every note goes perfectly with each song (Yes, that includes Pink Rose). You may, like i said before, not agree with me, but try to listen to the song and the beats REALLY closely, and soon it will become evident that these beats do, in fact, go with the song. It takes time, but once you understand it,then you'll actually (believe it or not) pass songs better.

Play D2R. (Not Stepmania, it may be synced). D2R on Max2 AND Extreme is offsync. Look at this thread.
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104596

Cutriss wrote:
regulator10886 wrote:
yes this is only for extreme machines, as it is the most infamous song on the whole game for being out of sync
Actually, that's not true. It's out of sync on Max2, and to an even greater degree.

Paranoia Brothers: FAIL.
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I respect your opinion and i understand your point of view, but i'm sorry that you have no musical background and can't seem to grasp songs that aren't simplisitcally composed of 4th and 8th only. If every person that said, "This song is off beat and so are the arrows", then they need to open up their mind and study the songs more. The arrows clearly fit into some aspect of the song...

Funny, too, it said in that thread that xenon was off beat... are you kidding me. If you clearly listen to the background music, it fits it perfectly. And Ordinary World? OMG.... you need to get your facts straight.... disgust.gif

Also, the reason why people say it's "out of sync" is because it's not going with the regular 4th beat rhythem. Most 12th note, 16th note and 32nd note in a song is there because it's mimicing something very significant and discrete in the background, which in turn, challenges the player to get into the true rhythem of a song... and every aspect of it...

...and i have played D2R... i have Extreme... it's perfectly fine...

Falling/Fading/LostItAll
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
If every person that said, "This song is off beat and so are the arrows", then they need to open up their mind and study the songs more. The arrows clearly fit into some aspect of the song...

Funny, too, it said in that thread that xenon was off beat... are you kidding me. If you clearly listen to the background music, it fits it perfectly. And Ordinary World? OMG.... you need to get your facts straight.... disgust.gif

Also, the reason why people say it's "out of sync" is because it's not going with the regular 4th beat rhythem. Most 12th note, 16th note and 32nd note in a song is there because it's mimicing something very significant and discrete in the background, which in turn, challenges the player to get into the true rhythem of a song... and every aspect of it...

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
Ok. I respect your opinion and i understand your point of view, but i'm sorry that you have no musical background and can't seem to grasp songs that aren't simplisitcally composed of 4th and 8th only.

Mmk, first of all, I'm a percussionist in band.
Second, have you ever played KBMP? Have you gotten any AAs on it? That's just a little more than 4ths and 8ths. ;D
ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
Funny, too, it said in that thread that xenon was off beat... are you kidding me. If you clearly listen to the background music, it fits it perfectly. And Ordinary World? OMG

Um, wow. You're really, really, really unintelligent. Did I say Xenon was offbeat? Did I say Ordinary World was offbeat? No, and no.
ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
.... you need to get your facts straight.... disgust.gif

Um, sorry. You FAIL. . I never said any of that. But, as someone else said:
Quote:
D2R is later than a 90-year-old man's erection.

Last edited by Falling/Fading/LostItAll on Fri May 20, 2005 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total
Vangulus The Great
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For god's sake man. You are just getting into fights with anything that can get you pissed or you can exploit. Go into his posts and make him look like a complete moron. I'll help you if you don't mind. E4.gif
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the whole off beat vs off sync debate;

Off Beat is another term for Syncopated. Example of normal rhythm, bold = "the beat" that you'd step in a DDR song:
One and Two and Three and Four.

Example off Off Beat or syncopated rhythm:

Electro Tuned (The Subs Mix) has plenty of examples of Syncopated steps, but the song is On-Sync.

Many DDR songs are Off-Sync, but not Off Beat, such as My Summer Love. This is where the arrows are slightly out of time with the rhythm of the song.

People need to learn the difference between these terms, as most people seem to think they are 2 terms for the same thing.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Falling/Fading/LostItAll
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmk, look. I'm going to save myself the warning points and say this: I don't want you to continue to argue, until you go play D2R on a Max2 machine.
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played D2R on Euromix 2, and the sync seems fine. The main point I'm trying to make here is that the thread's title is wrong, unless you want songs that are off beat and/or off-sync. They are not the same thing.
Falling/Fading/LostItAll
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop'n Usagi! wrote:
My take on the whole off beat vs off sync debate;

Off Beat is another term for Syncopated. Example of normal rhythm, bold = "the beat" that you'd step in a DDR song:

Example off Off Beat or syncopated rhythm:

Electro Tuned (The Subs Mix) has plenty of examples of Syncopated steps, but the song is On-Sync.

Many DDR songs are Off-Sync, but not Off Beat, such as My Summer Love. This is where the arrows are slightly out of time with the rhythm of the song.

People need to learn the difference between these terms, as most people seem to think they are 2 terms for the same thing.

After reading this, I was about to dismiss the argument as a misunderstanding, until I read this.

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:

Quite clearly, he means it is not off-sync. Which it is.

Edit: Changed the thread title.
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs that "don't go with the regular Quarter/8th note patterns are syncopated/off beat. Unless there's a problem with the timing off the arrows, they are not off or out of sync.
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwich Buccaneer wrote:
ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
If every person that said, "This song is off beat and so are the arrows", then they need to open up their mind and study the songs more. The arrows clearly fit into some aspect of the song...

ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
Ok. I respect your opinion and i understand your point of view, but i'm sorry that you have no musical background and can't seem to grasp songs that aren't simplisitcally composed of 4th and 8th only.

Mmk, first of all, I'm a percussionist in band.
Second, have you ever played KBMP? Have you gotten any AAs on it? That's just a little more than 4ths and 8ths. ;D
ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
Funny, too, it said in that thread that xenon was off beat... are you kidding me. If you clearly listen to the background music, it fits it perfectly. And Ordinary World? OMG

Um, wow. You're really, really, really unintelligent. Did I say Xenon was offbeat? Did I say Ordinary World was offbeat? No, and no.
ParanoiaBrother3 wrote:
.... you need to get your facts straight.... disgust.gif

Um, sorry. You FAIL. . I never said any of that. But, as someone else said:
Quote:
D2R is later than a 90-year-old man's erection.

I NEVER said that you said that comment about Xenon and Ordinary World... i SAID right there in plain english that the THREAD said (you know... the one that you gave me with the direct link... this is the second time that you haven't read what i wrote. This is the reason why i get an attitude with people, because they don't read what i wrote. This, irronically, goes well with my college psychology class and how you're reacting. You're taking outside stimuli, adding your personal heredity and/or experiences and emotions and making a conclusion based on what data you percieve.

I don't purposly get into fights. People make fights with me because of clashing of opinions. I just correct people and point out the obvious clearly. Some people just don't like constructive critisizm and take it offensively. E7.gif

Last edited by Paranoia_Brother on Fri May 20, 2005 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total
doubles
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bag, holic
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubles wrote:
bag, holic

Get off the internet.
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubles wrote:
bag, holic

I'm not going to even start disturb.gif

doubles
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest you dont
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: