Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Stepmania/DWI on TV

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skunkwerx
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Stepmania/DWI on TV Reply with quote

How does it work? Can I buy some sort of adaptor to connect my PC to my TV so I can play on there? I've seen some people do it, and I'm planning to do it as well. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need S-Video out on your PC and S-Video In on your TV, as well as the connecting cable.
View users profile Send private message
onlysublime
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: stepmania on tv Reply with quote

First off, you need a pc with a tv-out port. Usually video cards with tv output use a s-video connector. I use a long s-video to rca cable so that my laptop doesn't have to sit near the tv (and so that we don't have to play too close to the tv). If your tv or vcr has a s-video-in port, getting a s-video to s-video cable is great. If you want greater compatibility (i.e., you want to be able to take your laptop and play anywhere, get a cable that is s-video to rca).

I have both cables (svid to svid, svid to rca), but I usually stick to the rca one because some people don't have svid connectors.

A great place to get cheap, good cables is http://www.svideotorca.com/svideoaudiorca.html .

I would recommend the "S-Video to 3 RCA" cable which also has a 1/8" stereo connector to run from the soundcard output to the rca stereo plugs. I think I got the 24ft. one... It was only a tiny bit more than the shorter cables. I just checked... It's on sale now for the cable I bought (only $15 for a 24ft cable). Since it's so cheap now, I'd go for the higher quality (on the site, I haven't actually tried the "higher" cable). $24 for a 24ft cable. Awesome price.

They also have normal svid to svid cables (where I got mine too).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: